If you are looking for quality and reliability in a garbage disposal unit, the Insinkerator Badger 5XP offers a unique blend of both these aspects. The XP in the name implies extra power, given the fact that the unit is powered by a robust ¾ horsepower induction motor.
As this is a continuous feed unit, you may continue to add wastes even while it’s doing its job so this completely takes the stress out of having to dispose of food scraps. Once installed, there’s no more waiting required. Just go ahead and feed the leftovers directly into the sink and let the unit perform its duty.
So, if you are seeking for a high quality yet affordable garbage disposal unit then the Insinkerator Badger 5XP (see Amazon) is worth considering. You are lucky to be in the right place because in this post we bring for you a completely unbiased and detailed Insinkerator Badger 5XP review.
There are many things that work in favor of the brand and we have discussed them in detail below. However, if you ask that one thing that stands out the most then we would say that it’s manufactured in the USA, so you get to support an American company and rely on what is used by most Americans.
More than that, the product is also eco-friendly, so you get to do your bit to save the environment at large. The InSinkErator Badger 5XP falls in the mid-price range, and about 50% of kitchens in the USA have InSinkErator proudly installed under their sink.
Each Insinkerator Badger product including the Badger 5XP is covered by a 3 year, comprehensive manufacturer warranty and some even have more. This is undoubtedly one of the best warranty system you can find with equally good customer support to help you.
Feature Highlights of the InSinkErator Badger 5XP
1. Dura-Drive Induction Motor – It includes and exclusive Dura-Drive Induction Motor that features a ¾ HP to provide enough power to manage heavy loads. The galvanized steel components offer a reliable grind for all types of food wastes.
2. Robust Grinding Chamber – The single-stage grinding chamber is not only non-corrosive and durable but constructed from high-quality galvanized steel material to last longer. With an electric use of 3-4 KWh per year, the 26-ounce chamber does a great job.
3. 3-year In-Home Warranty – The manufacturer stands behind each product, and Badger 5XP comes backed by a 3 year warranty so if anything goes wrong, you are covered. They will send a skilled technician to your home to inspect and repair, a kind of unparalleled service you don’t find elsewhere.
4. Quick Lock Sink Mount – The installation part is extremely simple with a patented mounting system, which is both simple and straightforward. If you have some basic mechanical skill, you can perform the installation by self without having to hire the services of a professional plumber.
- Simple and easy to install the unit
- Replace any existing Badger model without requiring to change the current pipework
- Backed by a solid 3-year in-house warranty
- The unit ship with a factory-installed power cord
- Comes equipped with a 3/4 HP DuraDrive motor
- Sports a unique space-saving design to accommodate under the kitchen sink and still, save space
- Make a slight sound like the Badger 1 or Badger 5
- Finds it hard to breakdown heavier rind
- It has galvanized grinding gear instead of stainless
User/ Customer reviews
Many professional plumbers recommend the InSinkErator Badger 5XP for its excellent features and services, due to which it has earned the reputation of being a workhorse that runs flawlessly. People living in large families with up to 7 members have said that their unit was capable of breaking down anything and everything that they threw at it on a regular basis.
Several users are extremely impressed with the ease of installation and the things that come in the box, making it easier to set up. The kit includes a Quick-Lock Sink Mount, a Jam Buster wrench, tailpipe, rubber stopper, tailpipe gasket, and a complete manual with installation instructions. A few customers have warned that their unit did not come with the electrical cord.
Comparison With Other Badger Models
This Badger unit houses a single-stage grind unit, while you can easily find models that come with two and three stages grind units. However, extra stages do not imply that they deliver better performance. The unit comes with a single impeller plate which appears like a small Frisbee.
This disc pushes the food scraps against the grinder ring to ensure that they are pulverized into tiny particles. When the wastes are broken down into such finer particles, they can easily pass through the drain and directly find its way to city sewage pipes or septic systems.
This unit also has a compact design compared to several other models that take more space. As a result, it perfectly fits into the tight spaces beneath a small kitchen sink. As per the installation process, it usually takes about 30 minutes even when you are doing it yourself.
The InSinkErator Badger 5XP (shop now) is certainly not the quietest model you can find on the market, but you can be assured that it offers you an unbeatable value for money. There are no multiple grinding stages or frills that you may find in other models out there, but equipped with a ¾ HP motor, it has enough power to pulverize anything ranging from apple cores to eggshells like a champ.
If you are a budget-conscious, USA-make conscious, or environmentally conscious consumer, we think the Badger 5XP is a perfect choice. While there are many Badger Models and several other garbage disposal units available online, we feel that this product is one of the most reliable and durable. Overall, it gets a thumb up from our review team!